Delavan - Walworth County - Wisconsin
The founders of Delavan, Henry and Samuel Phoenix were part of the temperance movement of the 1830s. They named Delavan after Edward Cornelius Delavan, a prominent temperance leader from Albany New York.
Delavan was home to 26 circus companies from 1847 to 1836. Delavan has a rich circus history. Many circuses wintered in Delavan. The original P T Barnum Circus was organized in Delavan in 1871.
Delavan Wisconsin Demographics
|Located in Wisconsin County:||Walworth|
|Population (2016 Estimate)||8,414|
|Total Area (Sq. Miles)||7.22|
|Land Area (Sq. Miles)||6.76|
|Water Area (Sq. Miles)||.46|